Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Politics - Feh

I've never been much of a political animal - probably because lies leave such a bad taste in my mouth.

However, today's political climate has me researching the subject more deeply than I ever have before. (Don't worry, I have my barf bag handy - just in case)

I don't for one minute believe that one ordinary person can have a major impact - but - I do believe that one ordinary person can influence more than one other ordinary person and eventually, by extension, an extraordinary person, and thereby unleash a tidal wave.

I'm not saying that I am that extraordinary person, but who knows, it might be you.

Think I'm exaggerating? Read this book. Talk to everyone you know. You may be the beginning of a tidal wave.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark Pettus said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

March 25, 2006 1:04 PM  
Blogger Mark Pettus said...

A remarkable idea - of the sort that makes me go, "Gee, I wish I'd written that."

I've watched waves take off from the actions of a single person many times while reporting local politics. One of my frequent OP-ED themes is "get involved." Our whole system of government is based on the activism of a very small group of people. A housewife with a passion for change can reshape her community in a matter of months.

One person can't change the world, but one person can change two people, who can change four... and the next thing you know, the world is changed.

Thanks for the link. The Tipping Point is now on my must-read list.

March 25, 2006 1:06 PM  
Blogger ohdawno said...

*waves* Sorry I didn't get here sooner!

I believe that small actions can have large consequences - glad to see that I'm not alone.

March 26, 2006 4:18 AM  
Blogger Frank Baron said...

I'm a big believer in the ripple effect too. It works.

March 28, 2006 4:01 PM  
Blogger uniquematerial said...

Interesting. I must not be the blog administrator because I didn't remove the first comment.

Down with CENSORSHIP!

June 03, 2007 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home