Sunday, December 14, 2008

Good Morning

I love this song. I'd sing with them every morning if I still had a cable connection.
It takes about a half hour for this 4 minute song to load but it's worth every second I wait.

If you don't hear music - mute the sound and follow the images.
What do you see?

I know what I see. I see a beautiful way of living life on Planet Earth that has nearly been destroyed.

The first colonists called this place 'the last Eden'. It's not hard for me to see why. What is hard for me to see is why ... why, when we were welcomed as friends and brothers, family, why, oh why did we repay their kindness with treachery and lies?



My heart will never understand this. It's far too big for me to see.

Does anyone else hear them calling YAWEH? I hear it. Don't you hear it, too?

Peace and Blessings
~Namaste~

2 Comments:

Blogger Frank Baron said...

Thanks for posting this Unique.

There's no disputing that aboriginal people the world over have suffered at the hands of invaders (usually bearing the "gifts" of religion and progress).

We have much to learn from them and that knowledge is disappearing at an alarming rate as peoples are displaced and whole cultures die.

I've felt myself increasingly drawn to the land the last couple of years and have been working on a couple of things - small doings that I hope will make small, but positive differences.

I'll keep you posted. :)

February 02, 2009 9:35 PM  
Blogger uniquematerial said...

Hi Frank
Thankx for visiting.I was over to your place the other day...you must have followed the cookie crumbs back here. :)

You're absolutely right about things 'disappearing'. If you're interested, read the book, 'American'; it's a biography about Plenty Coup. It was published about 1923 or so. Things the grandfathers (medicine men) of his time, could do could no longer be done by his generation. Amazing things.

Western medicine also does amazing things - but at what cost? Sometimes the side effects are worse than what ails you. I know you know what I mean. :)

Que sera, sera.
(And no, I don't know why my blog calls me a swear word. ;) )

February 04, 2009 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home